Your Country Cottage Rentals Haliburton Ontario
Cottage Living in the country at its best.
Is this some thing you might possibly enjoy – wake up early in the morning, pour a cup of coffee, step outdoors 20 feet away your at the dock, stop and bring in deep breath of fresh air.
Observe a family of ducks gliding through the calm water in search of food.
The morning mist is still hovering over the lake and rising as the bright sun appears over the landscape.
A special kind of warmth hits your body, kinda gives you such a feeling of tranquility, comfort and peace that you wish it could be an everyday experience.
A Perfect Morning.
Ontario Your Vacation Destination
Ontario, probably the most popular cottage rental vacation destinations in Canada, second largest province covering more than one million square kilometers.
Noted for being the metropolitan centre for industry and culture with a vast amount of wilderness land for the out-of-doors enthusiasts to take in Mother Nature at its finest.
Your first visit to Canada, fill in some of your free time when vacationing try visiting the Sky Dome, museums and art galleries or enjoy the architecture, culture and entertainment in Ontario’s largest city, Toronto being the third-biggest live theater capital in the world with a population of more than twelve million people.
Ontario is home to about one in three Canadians, eighty per cent of which live in urban centers, mostly in cities located on the shores of the Great Lakes.
The remainder of us live in the country, small towns, farms and smaller rural districts. Many city dwellers like to enjoy their cottage rental holidays in the country, that’s where we are located and live there year round.
The Loralea Country Inn Resort is just one of many family resorts in the Haliburton Highlands of Ontario Canada providing comfortable country accommodations in cottages for families looking to enjoy a summer and winter vacation and studio cabins for couples seeking a romantic weekend getaway in a country setting.
The Haliburton Highlands is really a excellent place to visit in all four seasons. From downhill and cross country skiing, dogsledding and snowmobiling in winter months, atving, sailing and collecting them sun rays on summer vacations, to hiking and taking in the Fall Colors tours in autumn, there is certainly something for everyone to enjoy.
The Haliburton Highlands is close to the well known Algonquin Park and Haliburton Forest Reserve. The Haliburton area has plenty of sights to see and trails to hike on where you are likely to run into the official flower of Ontario, the trillium, a delicate white three petaled flower that grows in profusion in the wild woodlands of the province in early spring.
Each and every year we happen to be lucky enough to spot a few on the resort grounds. You may even run into one of our four legged buddies like a deer, moose or black bear.
Haliburton Highlands Weather
Weather conditions varies greatly from season to season. Summer temperatures can soar above 30C. Winter temperatures average January and February -20C to lowest -35C .
The further north you travel the colder it gets.
All areas of Ontario receive snow in winter and we have no shortage of that white stuff in the Highlands.
There’s always enough that stays on the ground to take care of all the winter sports people enjoy in the area.
We have had snow still on the ground on May 24 weekend from where the plow had piled it up.
Haliburton has an abundance of lakes and rivers from small to large with most being crystal clear. Excellent for swimming, boating, canoeing and fishing, hiking and many other popular activities and sights to see for vacationers to the area.
Things to Do – Great Sights to See
- Have a picnic at the Hawk Lake Log Chute, see it’s massive size or do a little fishing at its dam
- Visit the Wolfe Centre at the Haliburton Forest Reserve, see the pack through a one way glass window
- Take in the scenery from the Dorset Look Out Tower, see the landscape for miles, do some hiking
- ATV Adventure with Outdoor Tours or experience the nearby trails Hiking Trails
- Mountain Biking
- Plenty of golf courses to perfect your game, places to take the kids go-karting, batting cage or mini golf
- Dog sledding adventure with Winterdance or the Haliburton Forest, great for a couple
- Walk in the Clouds Haliburton Forest
- Snowmobiling the Haliburton trails or take a guided tour
- Downhill Skiing in Haliburton or Huntsville with its night skiing
- Snowshoeing, a growing winter sport
- Cross Country Skiing with Ski the Frost
- Ice Fishing in wintertime or lake trout and small mouth bass in summer
- Algonquin Park and Santa’s Village – both great for the family
This really is just some of the activities, there is certainly something for all to participate in.
At Your Cottage Rental Resort – Now What Can I Do
- Fishing – Ice fishing for lake trout, hut rentals are available, bait shop close by. Summer brings small mouth bass and rock bass for the kids to get from the dock
- Swimming – Safe for the kids, water is crystal clear, sandy beach area for making of sand castles, water toys for playing in the lake
- Canoeing and Paddle Boating – Take an early morning canoe ride on lake when water is calm
- Bring Your Water Toys – Got a fishing boat or seadoo, bring it we have docking available
- Campfires at Night – enjoy a campfire under the stars with the family, toast them hot dogs and marsh mellows
- Shuffleboard – Great game for four people, excellent for family reunion tournaments
- Volleyball – Sandy court close to lake, great group activity
- Badminton – Family fun with the kids
- Horseshoe Pit
- Kids Swings and Play Area – Swings for the kids and a enclosed play area for children 4 and under
Ontario Resorts For That Holiday Stay
The Haliburton Highlands offers plenty of bed/breakfasts and cottage country resorts from small to large, just like the luxurious Deerhurst Resort in Huntsville to the small country resort like us on Halls Lake.
Many are beautiful lakeside properties nestled in towering forests of evergreens and maples, offering the fantastic country setting for a romantic getaway, a family cottage vacation, or a family fishing trip.
Your popular Vacations for Families and Couples.
The Loralea Country Inn Resort is noted for being your relaxing getaway location. We’re not into loud parties and blaring stereos.
We are pet friendly but do have rules to follow for the safety and comfort of all.
There is country cottages for families and studio rental cabins for couples.
For more information you can check Out our Cottage Rentals